evysmomknits

Thursday, June 01, 2006




Plaid pink halter



I figure I might as well post my cute recon halter too. I started with a plain button down shirt. It was so soft and I loved the plaid, but I wasn't that into the cowgirl look. So I cut it under the bust, used the sleeves as the "halter" part, added a strip across the back (to bring it up in a more modest look), sewed elastic (lastin) to cinch it in the back, and finally I added some more fabric in the chest area to give a slight layered look. It's still a little "showy", but I love it. I think there's a way to take it in a bit more in the front. Now my only problem is that I didn't finishe the seams, so I'm afraid it's going to fray when I put it through the wash. Oh well, it was a learning experience, and I'm sure I'll make another one.
I have a ton of fabric I got at walmart a few months ago that I plan on making something like this with. I'm just not into wearing tshirts this summer. I want lots of cute shirts to make me not look 33 (like I'll be in 3 weeks!). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home