evysmomknits

Friday, June 23, 2006

I used to read about knitters having "knitting ADD", and I couldn't understand it. When I crocheted I'd start one project, work until it was done, and then I could chose another one. Of course, I was only ever making a baby blanket here or a hat there. Even the first year I was knitting I would make one pair of longies or a soaker (pants to go over her cloth diapers) at a time. I had no desire to do anything else. But these past few months have been crazy. Once I started knitting stuff for myself I became like a knitting freak. I wanted to start every project I saw. I'm trying hard to get this under control. So I thought the first step in that process would be to show what I'm working on, and then pay attention to one at a time until it's finished. And I CANNOT START A NEW PROJECT until I'm down to one (or maybe two).







#1. This is the start of a tank top. I began by using the lace pattern from http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=26874.0 . I plan on making the top into more of a tank (as opposed to the tube of 'Lelah'). I think I'm going to use the instructions for 'citrus moon', just not sure how that'll work out. I'm using SWTC bamboo for this (leftovers from MILs clapotis).



#2. This is another summer shirt. http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx?itemid=50364220&yarnid=5420112 . It's in KnitPicks shimmer, which is lace weight, so it's taking forever! I'm sure I'll be finished by next summer, hopefully.


#3. Just a boring hat I'm making to use of some of my old acrylic yarn. I was hoping to have a bag full before it gets cold to donate them to a church or shelter.




#4. Yes, another Clapotis. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html In this pic it actually looks like I'm further along than I really am. Also in lace weight. I don't know if I'll ever finish this one. Although it does look much prettier in the pic than in person. That gives me a little incentive.



Ok, so you think that's it. Four WIPs, not too bad. Well,....... I'm actually working on two others as well. #5. That Saturday Market Bag from Magknits. http://magknits.com/June06/patterns/market.htm and #6. A baby sweater for a friend. http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/baby_sweater_for_site_2.pdf I'm mainly working on the baby sweater, with plans to immediately start another one when it's finished. Lots more projects to knit and sew. But for now, that is a catelogue of my WIPs. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home